- Sami Kabbani Memorial Award; Syrian Cardiac Society, Damascus - November 2019.
- Lifetime Achievement Award in Cardiac Sciences, the SBMS - London, November 2010.
- Life Achievement Award in Medicine at the UNESCO, Beirut, December 2003.
- The Order of William Harvey for Education, American College of Cardiology, 2003.
- Cardiologist of the Year Award, Mediterranean Association of Cardiologists and Cardiac Surgeons (MACCS): Interventional Management of Acute Coronary Syndrome 15th Annual Meeting, Beirut, September 2003.
- The Duncan Flockhart Travel Fellowship in Cardiovascular Medicine. The effects of coronary revascularisation on ejection fraction and abnormal diastolic blood pressure response to exercise testing. American College of Cardiology; Atlanta, Georgia, March 1986.
- The National Heart and Chest Hospitals Cardiac Research Award. A study on the heart rate and QT interval relationship during physiological exercise and during atrial pacing. VIth World Symposium on Cardiac Pacing; Montreal, October 1979.